- This event has passed.
Winter Hiking 101
November 19, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$10
As the days get shorter and the weather gets colder, it’s easy to lose motivation to get outside. Hiking in the winter can be beautiful and a great way to combat the winter blues. However, it definitely takes a bit more planning, preparation and gear than summer hiking.
Join us for a Winter Hiking 101 session where we’ll cover lots of tips and knowledge for cold-weather hiking, including:
- Proper cold-weather clothing and gear
- Food and hydration
- How to hike with the sun & ideal winter hiking temperatures
- Safety tips & cold-related injuries/illnesses
- Being aware of your fitness level & ways to stay in hiking shape throughout the winter
- Review of winter hiking gear
- A roundup of great winter hiking locations here in NE Kansas, along with some trail maps
With a shift in your mindset and the knowledge from a Winter Hiking 101 session, you’ll find that hiking in the winter is fun and a great way to stay active in the months where you may feel more inclined to hunker down in front of the tv. Attendees will receive 10% off all hiking gear available at Compass Point. Get your ticket below!