- This event has passed.
River Run & Sandbar Concert
October 3 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pm$30 – $60
Join us for a unique adventure experience on Saturday, October 3rd! We will launch at the Perry Lake Spillway, paddle down the Delaware River and onto the Kansas River, ending at Lecompton. This river run will feature a sandbar concert from Tyler Gregory! Tyler is a one-man show with great energy.
We will enjoy the afternoon on the river with a little paddling, a little floating and a lot of great music. Plan to bring your own dinner! We will build the fire, provide paper plates, napkins and roasting sticks for your convenience. We will also bring hand cleanser, recycling containers and trash bags.
- OYO (own your own kayak): Gear drop 11 a.m. at the Perry Lake Spillway and then head to the bus in Lecompton
- Renters: Meet at Lecompton for bus check-in at 12 p.m.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with much more specific information and instructions two days prior to the event.
Expected time commitment: However long it takes, we don’t rush, we go with the flow… sundown is at 7 so we will plan to be off the river shortly after that.
- Regular Rental plus Music: $60
- Club Rental plus Music: $50
- Regular OYO plus Music: $40
- Club OYO plus Music: $30
Bring: headlamp, food, sunscreen, bug spray, mat or sand bar seats
Wear: layers that can get damp, NO FLIP FLOPS
Dirty Girl Adventures Event Refund Policy:
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS RELATING TO SYMPTOMS OF THE CORONAVIRUS LET US KNOW, WE’LL SEND YOU A REFUND. Otherwise, refunds are given up to two weeks before the date of the event no questions asked. After that, refunds are not given unless there are exceptional circumstances. Dirty Girl Adventures may cancel or modify an event due to weather or conditions. Everyone will receive a refund if that is the reason for the cancellation. We will paddle and hike in cool, rainy or snowy conditions. Cancellation only occurs in severe weather or other dangerous conditions.
DGA Procedures for COVID-19 during River Adventures
When you arrive at the boat ramp, please unload your gear but stay near your own vehicle and wait for instructions. We will give you a wave or come to see you at your vehicle.
When you Check in with DGA personnel you will need to: Bring/sign a waiver if you don’t have one on file. When you are checked in, return to your vehicle and wait to be directed for launching or bus boarding.
Covid-19 Procedures on the DIRTY BUS
- Don’t board the bus until you are directed to do so
- Please allow the person/s in front of you to progress down the aisle before boarding
- Mask must be worn for the duration of the trip
- Refrain from touching seatbacks and surfaces other than your own seat
- When possible, sit with family members or close acquaintances.
- If you have specific concerns and want to be seated by yourself, please let DGA know in advance.
- If you are in a high-risk category or have special needs please let us know so that we can assist you.
Launching – we will direct teams of 2 to carry kayaks to launch – if you came with a carrying partner you’re set. If you need a partner, we will find one for you. One person will carry front and one will carry the back – the goal is to get all your gear down to the launch in one haul. We will practice social distancing while launching. Maintain 6 feet between the back of one kayak to the front of the next.
We will have a safety paddler on the water, teams of 2 will launch within 6 feet of each other with a few minutes between them.
Once we are on the Kaw, please remember to practice social distancing and to respect others’ preferences on the water, sandbars and at the get out.